Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Listen. I can't promise the bug bites aren't contagious.

One Saturday night, C came downstairs in tears and said that he couldn't sleep because a bug was in his room trying to suck his blood.  Knowing that this wasn't an impossibility since the screen had fallen out of his open bedroom window and we'd had the windows open that day, Daddy A went up to investigate.  He couldn't find any bugs, but he did get C settled back in bed.

Sunday morning, I got up and was getting breakfast ready when I heard feet padding down the hall.  C greeted me with, "See?  I told you an insect was biting my arm," and showed me a bug bite on his forearm.  I didn't think too much of the whole incident, and on Monday C went to school.

Tuesday, C went to school again, and within minutes of dropping him off, Daddy A got a call from the school saying that C might have chicken pox {even though he'd been vaccinated} and we'd have to pick him up, take him to the doctor to have him checked, and then he could return to school - provided of course, that he didn't have chicken pox.

We got in to see our pediatrician at 2:30pm, so I took C after work.  He turned out to have a very severe case of THERE WERE SIX BUG BITES ON HIS ARM.  I don't know how we missed it.  Dr. W. asked C to help him write a note for school.  :)


I do want to add that I love our preschool, and I appreciate the efforts of the staff to keep all of the students safe.  I also want to add that I did not unknowingly send my child to school with chicken pox.

No comments:

Post a Comment