Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever!

This Christmas season, our church put on a production of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". No, I'm not trying to brag - I'm talking about the play based on the book by Barbara Robinson. (The story is one of my personal favorites - I think it is both entertaining and thought provoking for children and adults. If you haven't read it, I recommend you go find a copy and read it now. Seriously, now. This blog will wait; the book is a classic. Go ahead and read it, then come back here when you're done and continue reading my post.)

Every time I read - or see - The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (including the many times I heard it this fall), I'm struck anew with wonder and amazement at the Christmas story. It's so easy, especially for those of us who have heard the story of Christ's birth for many years, to gloss over just how wonderful and amazing and difficult it was for God to give us Jesus and for Jesus and his earthly family to deliver God's gift to the world. Looking at the story from the point of view of characters who have never heard the story provides some perspective for the powerful message God gave by choosing to give His Son and the method he used to do that.

Now that everyone is up to speed on the synopsis of the play, let's take a look at my adorable baby angel, C, hanging out with his buddies in the nursery,


hard at work,

and finally taking a rest,


and my little sheep, P, and his buddy Laine.

Being a part of the cast of this production and having our entire family involved was one of my favorite experiences this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment