Thursday, January 13, 2011

C's Elmo party

SPOILER ALERT: If you read this post very carefully, you will be able to figure out C's name.

Today we celebrated C's second birthday with an Elmo-themed party for a few of his friends. He was able to get some personalized balloons (because my aunt works at a bank).

C dug into his favor basket as soon as people started to arrive. He immediately brought me his party hat and asked me to put it on his head. I figured I should snap a photo right away, and I was right... he tired of the hat relatively quickly.

On to lunch... some grilled cheese decorated with Elmo pictures.

Yum!

After lunch we had cake (of course), and Chase got to hear another chorus of "Happy Birthday to You!" He was thrilled once again to have a group of people sing to him.

P was decked out in (C's) Elmo shirt for the occasion.

Everyone went home with a favor basket. Besides what you can see, there are goldfish crackers (from Elmo and Dorothy), gummi worms (from Oscar and Slimey), and there's a rubber ducky (from Ernie and Rubber Duckie).

C also kept a tight fist on his balloons - he wanted to make sure those stayed at our house!


We had a specal party today for one of our special boys!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those name pails are awesome! And I laughed out loud at the personalized balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got plain yellow pails at Party City, and then made labels in Excel and printed them onto sticker sheets, cut them out, and stuck them on the pails. (You could just as easily print them on card stock, or even paper, and glue them on instead of sticking them on.) Let me know if you want me to email you the templates and you could put your girls' names in for a Sesame Street celebration sometime!

    ReplyDelete