Wednesday, January 12, 2011

C's 2nd birthday

C woke up this morning to find about 40 of these all over the floor of his room and at the foot of his bed. P woke first this morning, and he was just as excited as C was to see this surprise when C woke up and P and I went into C's room to greet him! He walked in with me and said, "Happy birthday, C! It's your birthday... oh! Balloons, C!" The two of them jumped around and threw the balloons in the air for a few minutes with huge smiles on their faces.


Next we woke up Daddy A and headed downstairs to unwrap presents... P was more than happy to help C with this task! He actually did a great job - he would open something and say, "C, this is your present. Look what you got!"


We decided to save some of C's presents for later this week, but the hit of the morning was his ride on Thomas from Grandma Paige and Poppa Fred. (The battery is currently charging, so today it was a "sit on" Thomas, but it was a hit nonetheless!) This was a hit with P too, but the boys did a good job "sharing turns of it," as P says.


The snow delayed school a bit, so P had plenty of time to get ready. While he was at school, C and I had a chance to play and clean up breakfast in preparation for C's birthday lunch. We ordered pizza (one of his favorites!) and had a few friends over.


The cupcakes were an even bigger hit than the pizza!



I didn't even check to make sure I had candles, because it seems like a staple in our house. Next birthday, I'll make sure I do check! For today, we used these construction candles from P's cake last year, and I'll remedy the situation before C's party with his friends tomorrow.



I love this video. C's face just lights up when he realizes that everyone is singing just for him!

C asked for a light blue cupcake and then daintily ate the icing off of the top. He didn't make much of a mess at all.



Even though today was C's special day, P really wanted a chance to blow out some candles, so we sang "Happy Unbirthday" to P.

Since C made hardly any mess with his first cupcake, I wasn't too worried when he gave me this adorable look and asked for a second cupcake.

The second cupcake had red icing, and he made a bigger mess with that one. He even stuck his finger in the cupcake to hold it in place.


We asked C how old he was, and he gave us his standard answer, "Five!" (After working on it for several days, we finally got him to start saying, "Two!" after dinner tonight.)


I don't know if y0u'll be able to understand him, but in this video when we ask him whose birthday it is today, C says, "It's my birthday!"

Amanda couldn't come for lunch since she had a workday today, but she came by as we were finishing up dinner. We now know how much C loves her, because he shared his pizza with her, and he's not typically one to give away any food!

After dinner, both of the boys tried their hands at blowing up balloons. (I did take pictures, but I want to put forth this disclaimer: there were two other adults present and all three of us were watching the boys very carefully. The deflated balloons have all been properly disposed of tonight as well.)

C has felt like a rock star today with all of the special activities and attention!

I hope my two year old sleeps well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME PARTY!! Great idea of waking up to the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete