Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010, Part Two

I mentioned in Part One that our Christmas was a whirlwind. Two days after Christmas, Daddy A, the boys and I headed to Virginia Beach to visit Grandma Hen and Granddaddy Rooster. We also got to see Boo-in-ah and Earl, Uncle Michael, Bradley, and few other neighbors and friends.

We had a white Christmas in Morganton, and honestly, I was pleased. P was convinced that Santa was bringing him snow, and I was glad it worked out the way it did for him. A white Christmas also seems magical to me. Wait, did I say seems? After our drive to Virginia Beach two days after they got 14.5 inches of snow, I may change my attitude to seemed. I'm pretty sure that Virginia Beach doesn't own a snowplow. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they own one snowplow, and it was just broken. Monday when we drove in, the interstate was a sheet of UNPLOWED ice.

Daddy A went out to the store with Granddaddy Rooster on Tuesday (approximately 72 hours after the snow) and took this picture as Granddaddy Rooster drove out of the neighborhood.


When we ventured out Wednesday morning, we noticed lots of snow piles in store parking lots. Granddaddy posed beside this one in the Sam's Club lot (I guess the one snowplow was fixed...).

Thursday Daddy A, the boys and I went shopping with Grandma Hen. My sunglasses disappeared from church during a play rehearsal in early December, and they haven't turned up, but in a stroke of luck there was a very similar, incredibly phenomenal pair of sunglasses almost 80% off at one of the stores we visited! (Daddy A actually asked Grandma Hen to get, ahem, two pair of those sunglasses for me because I tend to misplace sunglasses a lot.) C tried on some sunglasses, too. He liked this pair in particular - he didn't want to leave them behind!

We did leave the sunglasses behind, because we had to get home and get ready for Daddy A's birthday dinner. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment