Wednesday, December 4, 2013

40

In August, my sister and I {and our husbands, of course} hosted a party for our parents' 40th wedding anniversary.  My sister - who is really good at these things - did so much work.  I was really along for the ride.  I did whatever she told me to, and it came together beautifully!

Here is my cute sister setting up for the party... I wish I looked adorable like that in shorts and a tee.  I don't have a picture of myself during set up, but rest assured I did not look that cute!


My sister did most of the decorating. She did send me the fabric for some pennant banners and table squares, but this banner was all her.


And here are my pennant banners in action.


While the four of us were setting up, P, C, and Tuck were at home with the guests of honor.  I don't know what all they did, because this is the only picture I received while we were setting up.


I snapped a photo of the room before we ran home to change.


There were so many fun touches, like this framed copy of my parents' wedding invitation.


My sister also gathered some photos from Mom and Dad's wedding day.


And it wouldn't be a party without some fun treats!



Spending time with family was the best treat of all, of course!




I feel so fortunate to have the great example my parents have set for me.  Being happily married for 40 years is a major accomplishment, and their lives - especially their life together - has taught me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment