Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snead's farm

P had a couple of days off of school in October, so he and I joined C in Fredericksburg and spent some time with family before bringing C home to North Carolina.  While we were in Fredericksburg, we took a trip to Snead's Asparagus farm for some fall fun.  We headed out to a pumpkin patch, and C set out to find the perfect pumpkin.  It didn't take P long to choose his pumpkin, so he took a seat and waited on his brother.


Both of the boys were pretty cooperative about taking photos on this particular adventure.  I was surprised, but I wasn't about to complain.  :)


C wanted to show me how strong he was, so he prepared to "push" this wheelbarrow full of pumpkins.


Both of the boys took several turns on this swing.  Who needs a swing set when there's a tree handy?


Feeding the chickens is one of our favorite things to do when we visit Snead's.  Both of the boys loved being up close to the chickens.




This sweet dog followed us around and played fetch with the boys.  C was especially enamored with our new friend.  After spending some time with this dog, I wanted to get one of my own.  She was so wonderful, patient, and well trained.  I had to keep reminding myself that getting a dog to that point would take a lot of work, and we don't need a dog.  She is adorable though, isn't she?


P enjoyed the large pumpkins, but he was also a fan of the white pumpkins they were selling.



The weather was gorgeous, and the day was so much fun!  This was one of my favorite fall activities this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment