Thursday, December 19, 2013

Halloween fun!

Halloween started off with Book Character Day at the charter school for P {and for me!}.  P went as Tonto, complete with face paint.


I decided to go as Fancy Nancy.  I thought I could put on a variety of items already in my closet {and ended up borrowing a few things from the neighbors} and make it work.  Y'all.  I have on SO MANY layers in this costume, and it ended up being REALLY hot.  But I think it worked out, and came together well, and in the spirit of Fancy Nancy herself, I would say it was worth it.


P and I took our books to school with us, per the requirements.


As a part of the festivities, there is a school wide event.  Each class has to "parade" across the multipurpose room and each student stops at the microphone, introduces him or herself, and tells the audience who their book character is and from what book they come.  I know this picture is fuzzy, but it was the best I could do - the multipurpose room was crowded!


Lest you think he is incredibly studious or really into his book, I will tell you that P caught me taking his photo before everyone returned to class... he is pretending to read, but is actually using his book as a shield from the camera.  :)


C didn't get to wear his costume to school, but he got dressed in full makeup as well when it was time to go trick-or-treating.


His doll came along - in her matching costume - and somehow I ended up doing most of the doll carrying.  It's still cute, though.


Of course, I had to get our annual Halloween photo on the front steps.


The boys had fun eating dinner at church, trick-or-treating, and seeing friends.  They didn't even seem to mind that we only let them keep a few pieces of candy each.  I guess it's the experiences that make the Halloween, not the loot!

No comments:

Post a Comment