Friday, December 20, 2013

first quarter spell off

The first graders at P's school have a spell off each quarter.  To qualify, students have to spell a certain percentage of the challenge words correctly on their weekly spelling tests.  Some of the challenge words are incredibly, well, challenging, at least in my opinion.

P was one of the five first graders who qualified for the first quarter spell off.


I wanted to watch the spell off {rather than seeing it through my camera lens}, so I just took a couple of pictures.  This was P's first turn at the mic.  He was so calm and seemed very confident.


P was the runner up, and I was so proud, not only of his spelling abilities, but also of his hard work.  He studied all the words - and there were over 100! - by choice almost every night for two weeks, and he never complained about having extra work to do.  Way to go, P!

No comments:

Post a Comment