Friday, December 20, 2013

The Polar Express

One weekend in November, we headed to Bryson City to ride the Polar Express.  This adventure with Grandma Paige and Poppa Fred was at P's request.  I was thrilled that he asked, because I wondered if the magic of Santa would last another Christmas after some of his questions last year, and I am glad his innocence is alive and well.

When we arrived at the station, P wrote a letter to Santa and placed it in the mailbox.  It read, "Dear Santa, I love you.  Merry Christmas!  Love, P"  How sweet!  He said he didn't have a lot of time, so he only said the most important things, and he didn't have time to ask for things since he wanted to make sure Santa knew he was loved.  :)


C wore the hat he got when we rode the Polar Express last year.  It was adorable... I don't know what it is lately with C and hats, especially festive hats, but I like it.


Eventually it was time to board the train.  At P's request, I wore my pajamas {reindeer pj pants and a red top}, as did P and C.


We had some delicious hot cocoa and snacks, and when we got in the car to go home, C asked me if we would ride again next year.  I think we should enjoy Advent and Christmas this year before we worry about 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment