Saturday, December 7, 2013

first day pictures

The second semester will be here before we know it, so I decided it was high time I posted our first day of school pictures.  :)

C wore the same first day outfit he wore last year, and he looks just as cute {and a year older... sniff!} as he did last year.


P chose his own first day outfit {within the confines of the school's uniform policy, of course}.  He looks dashing, if I do say so myself.  That lovely bow tie he's wearing is his favorite one.  It's dark gray and has aqua colored skull and crossbones figures all over it.  I'll try to contain my excitement... and I am glad his personality shines through!



We headed to Bojangles for a Back-to-School-Blessing-and-Breakfast with the youth group.  P and I left early to head to school/work.  I took a part time job as a second grade assistant at P's school this year, and I'm so glad I did!  C, meanwhile, wandered from table to table at the restaurant, saying hello to all his friends.



P arrived at school, where I took a photo of him with his teacher for the first quarter. {P's assigned teacher was out on maternity leave. She has the sweetest little baby!} And y'all, I think both of the first grade teachers at our school are wonderful, but I will tell you right now that P was assigned to this class because God knew that I was going to need the friendship of the sweet woman who took the sub job with P's class for the first nine weeks. She has been such a blessing in our lives!


Daddy A eventually took C to school as well.  He's a better photographer than I, and he got pictures of C outside the school and with both of his teachers.


C has two wonderful teachers, too.  This one was one of his teachers last year, so he was excited to see her again.


And this amazing lady was one of P's teachers when he was in the four year old class, so C was excited to see her as well, and he felt like such a big boy following in P's footsteps!


I have SO much respect and admiration for each of my kids' teachers {and teachers in general, of course}.  They have such a hard job, and so much of what they do is unseen.  Our children are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment