Thursday, December 26, 2013

a Polar Express party

A local organization hosted a Christmas party at our church, and our family was invited to attend.  They transformed - and I am not exaggerating, y'all - our fellowship hall into a winter wonderland.  Since it was a Polar Express themed party, all of the guests under the age of 18 wore their pajamas.  C even wore his Santa hat from last year's trip to the Polar Express.

The boys made all manner of Christmas crafts.  Almost immediately after walking in the door they started in on what they called "scratch paper ornaments".  They also made some foam photo frames and colored some Christmas pictures.


After craft time, we all headed to the sanctuary for photos with Santa in front of the Chrismon tree.


Each child was given a handmade blanket and a copy of The Polar Express.  Mrs. Claus read the story aloud.  Then it was time for dessert!  There was a delightful {looking and tasting} Polar Express cake.


My personal favorite was the hot chocolate bar.  Looking at that table made me want to put a hot chocolate station in my kitchen.  Since I'm pretty sure that's not the best idea, I enjoyed checking this one out.


We ended the night by decorating sugar cookies, and then headed home to bed.  It was an enjoyable evening, and I'm glad we were a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment